5 Easy Ways to Avoid Fees

According to a recent survey by the American Bankers Association, 71% of bank customers find ways to avoid paying extra fees.  However, just in case you are one of those remaining 29 percent; we wanted to give you some simple reminders on how to stay “fee free” and get protected when using the OneAccount Suite:

  1. Always remember to have enough money in your account to cover all purchases made with a debit card, check, or a cash withdrawal.
  2. SWIPE & SIGN to be protected against fraudulent purchases with MasterCard’s® Zero Liability policy. If you don’t see CREDIT as an option, simply select CANCEL or hit NO. When shopping online, never enter your PIN.  Instead, always select “credit.”
  3. Whenever possible use Higher One ATMs.  Using other ATMs may be convenient, but they often charge expensive fees.
  4. Keep an accurate record of all your debit card purchases and cash withdrawals; either by writing them down in a check register or by keeping all your receipts until you have had a chance to check them against your online statement.
  5. Check your online statements regularly to ensure that all transactions and balances shown are correct.

Using the OneAccount Suite should be an easy, stress free way to help you manage your money. Following these easy tips will not only leave you more money for your school expenses and things you want to buy, it will make you more financially fit!

Posted on September 8, 2011 at 9:55 am Comments are closed

Categories: Banking 101, Managing a Bank Account, Money 101, OneAccount

Recieve new post updates: Entries (RSS)
Recieve follow up comments updates: RSS 2.0

No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!

Leave a Reply

The comments are closed.