How to Use the OneAccount For FREE!

Hey everyone! I’ve been traveling to various campuses that Higher One serves the past few weeks. Something I always like to point out to students is the link on the log in page that says, “How to Use the OneAccount for Free.” I’m finding that many students don’t know it’s there! So, in an effort to make sure everyone knows How to Use the OneAccount for Free, I thought I would share what this link says right here on One for Your Money. Check it out!

How to use the OneAccount for Free

Just “Swipe and Sign” for Fee-Free Debit MasterCard Purchases When using your Easy Refund Card to make purchases, always choose “credit” instead of “debit” at the checkout. Swipe the card and sign the receipt. When you swipe & sign, you won’t be charged the PIN Based transaction fee. Use free ATMs You can use your Easy Refund Card to withdraw cash at any ATM. Use a Higher One ATM to withdraw cash for free and avoid any “foreign” ATM fees.
Easily track your balance Make sure you never spend more than you have thanks to Mobile Alerts and online account access! Simply log in to your account, or text “BAL” to 67298 (free from Higher One, standard text messaging rates apply) to get balances and valuable account alerts sent right to your cell phone 24/7. Set up a budget Learn some great ways to save and download a budget template!

Posted on August 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm 7 comments

Categories: Banking 101, OneAccount

Recieve new post updates: Entries (RSS)
Recieve follow up comments updates: RSS 2.0

7 comments

1. melbaby Says:
    September 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm

How do you sign up for MYLAccd card?

2. Aaron (GT Admin) Says:
    September 9, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Hi, melbaby, thanks for the comment! Your school will mail you a card automatically. You can use the “Where’s My Card” link on the program website to check on your card delivery status. You may also visit Easy Help 24/7 for answers to your questions!

3. dmoulder001 Says:
    September 10, 2010 at 6:24 am

So I want to know more about this One Account. I have not received anything from school as of yet but I am curious.

4. KrissyAnn Says:
    September 12, 2010 at 6:18 am

I’m grateful for the fact that I can download a budget template. It gives me a chance to sit down and figure out where I’m spending too much and where I should losen my belt. I love my Higher One account. It’s great!

5. Aaron Says:
    September 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Hi dmoulder001, that’s a great question and you certainly came to the right place for the answer! There are thousands of OneAccount holders following this blog. So let’s ask them.

Gamers, share your experience with the OneAccount in the comments section to help dmoulder001 and others learn more about the no minimum balance, no monthly fee FDIC insured checking account tied to your Debit MasterCard.

For more information about the OneAccount visit our Tools page and check out our feature of the month posts.

Make sure to come back to Game Time and let us know what you like best about your OneAccount should you elect to open it. Thanks, dmoulder001!

6. mailauj9 Says:
    February 6, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I wanted to know if i have a bank and i ahve a lrccdonecard and i wanted to take out cash from the bank with my card will the bank will charge or is there a fee for it, if i take out cash from my card?

7. Aaron Says:
    February 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Thanks for the comment, mailauj9! You did the right thing to look into possible fees and asking how to avoid them before using the money in your account. Here are some resources that will help you understand fees related to Higher One accounts, and also how to avoid them. If you have specific questions, please contact Customer Care or search Easy Help at http://www.HigherOneAccount.com/easyhelp

Fee Schedules – https://higheruniversity.higheroneaccount.com/info/outfees.jsp
    Avoid foreign ATM fees video – http://www.higherone.com/h1banking/avoidForeignAMTFeeVideo.html