YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
In addition to any legal compliance associated with the handling of your information, Higher One wants to earn your trust. Therefore, we’ve taken a number of steps to make sure that your information is as safe as possible, including but not limited to:
- Implementing numerous stringent physical and electronic security features to prevent unauthorized access;
- Conducting frequent reviews of our computer systems, including security features and data encryption;
- Limiting employee access to customer information to only those employees who need it for the normal performance of their jobs by requiring our employees to acknowledge, in writing, their individual responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of all customer information; and
- Always applying the same privacy policies and practices to our former customers that we do to our existing customers.
- Never leave your computer in the middle of an online session.
- When you’re done with an online session, make sure you log off of the program website before you move on to other sites.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- If other people have access to your computer, clear your browser's cache to remove copies of web pages that may have been temporarily stored on your computer. Check your browser's Help file for instructions.
When you visit the Site as a user, you can browse anonymously. When you visit the Site to activate your debit card, we require certain personal information from you. Specifically, we request your card number and require you to establish a username and passcode. We also collect your banking information including account number and routing number, which is stored as a part of your user account record, which includes information such as your name, email and physical address, phone number, social security number, government issued ID, and date of birth. This collected information establishes your online account profile. Please note that we use this collected information to service your account needs as they arise. Higher One does not share your personal information with any third parties for their promotional purposes. We may also use your email depending on your selected preferences to send you promotional emails with news of our contests and new product offerings.
Higher One may disclose and transfer the information obtained from you through this Site or the service as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale of its assets or business. In such an event, the users shall be notified of any material changes to the information practices governing your information by email or a prominent notice on the Site, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
When a user elects to transfer money to another Higher One account holder, we request the third party’s name, email, mailing address and banking information such as account and routing number to fulfill the requested transaction. We may also collect your friend’s email address when you invite him or her to visit our Site. We do not use or share this third party personal information for any purposes beyond fulfilling your request.
We reserve the right to disclose information to our service providers where necessary in allowing us to facilitate services to you on our behalf. Higher One uses third party agents, such as financial banking institutions, marketing agencies and prepaid debit card companies, to fulfill your transactional and payment processing needs made on the Site. These third party agents provide services for Higher One in compliance with all the legal requirements of operating in this capacity and are authorized to use your shared personal information specifically and exclusively for fulfilling transactions on our behalf.
We also employ the services of a third party agent in hosting our FAQ section.
When you visit our Site, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that Web browsers place on a computer’s hard drive and are used to indicate whether you have visited the Site previously.
The Site contains links to other websites. Higher One is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Users and visitors will have to check the policy statement of these other websites to understand their respective policies. Users and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Social Media Widgets
Higher One may update this Statement at any time so please review it frequently. If we make any material changes, we will notify you, by email or by a notice posted on the home page of the Site prior to the changes taking effect.
If you have any questions about this Statement or the practices of this Site, please contact us using the address below.
Higher One, Inc.
115 Munson Street
New Haven, CT 06511